register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Other Platforms
>
Ford Focus Ecoboost 2.0 Discussion(ECOBOOSTFORUMS.ORG)
> Ford Focus ST Ecoboost - Turbo Induction
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree14Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #41
Approved MSF Vendor

Justin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the worldJustin@Freektune is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,815 Times in 829 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Honestly the failure rate in the ST is very low considering the amount of cars on the road, and the amount making a significant amount of power beyond stock power levels.
LOL MS3 likes this.

Website- http://www.freektune.com/
PTE 6062
633HP/523TQ
First gen2 in 10's- 10.93@137 Atco NJ 11/14/15

Quickest/Fastest Mazdaspeed
First Gen 1 in the 9's 9.94@149.5
4/22/2017 New England Dragway
Justin@Freektune is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin@Freektune For This Useful Post:
kmac (04-11-2015), LOL MS3 (06-19-2015)
 Old 03-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #42

HawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,397 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 23 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Justin@Freektune View Post
Honestly the failure rate in the ST is very low considering the amount of cars on the road, and the amount making a significant amount of power beyond stock power levels.
I'm just looking for a reason to hate the platform a little. It's hard. lol
4cyl_LOL likes this.
HawkeyeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HawkeyeGeoff For This Useful Post:
Justin@Freektune (03-23-2015)
 Old 04-11-2015, 11:09 PM   #43

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,256 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 4cyl_LOL View Post
Speed Perf6rmanc3 flow tested the Turbo Tech Intake Manifold, OE manifold, and OE head. Given their expertise on the MZR L3 and the level of respect they command here on MSF, I trust that their testing is valid and honest.

The OE manifold out flowed the head, however it has no runners. Using an intake spacer adds short runners and has shown to shift the torque curve slightly but more importantly allows for a PI system of your choice.

a member(Ocysp) over on FocusST.org dyno'd his car with tuning and without showing before and after using an after market intake manifold. there was literally no gain that could be quantified. The manifold he used was the TTR which has a 6.0L plenum.

Also the only two intake manifolds available weigh more than the OE. Turbo Tech Racing(which I have owned) and the Breedt CNC'd. Both companies did NO research prior to making these manifolds(such as dyno or flow testing, they relied on members to provide that data). The Manifold that kmac supposedly tested was the Breedt but Breedt never released the results, for unknown reasons. They also dodge questions regard performance. The biggest elephant in the room is the weight of the Breedt, a whooping 25lbs+. I flew to Seattle on business and dropped by their shop to see and help test(which never happened after talking to Speed Perf6rmanc3) the manifold and I was shocked at the weight of the multi-piece unit. It is very nice but but for me engine bay eye candy is low on the list.
You are wrong , Craig posted a log before and after same boost and timing it was either 6 or 7 lb/min gain . Also I haven't been around much too bust at work no time to be on the forums , I have a lot of projects in the works just not sharing them and by the way the stock manifold is a piece of crap flow it with the Throttle body on it and on the head it's a turd.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kmac For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (04-12-2015), Justin@Freektune (04-16-2015), Tokay444 (04-12-2015)
 Old 04-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #44
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kmac View Post
You are wrong , Craig posted a log before and after same boost and timing it was either 6 or 7 lb/min gain . Also I haven't been around much too bust at work no time to be on the forums , I have a lot of projects in the works just not sharing them and by the way the stock manifold is a piece of crap flow it with the Throttle body on it and on the head it's a turd.
I long for you in my loins.
Justin@Freektune likes this.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
ASHMS3 (04-12-2015), Easter Bunny (04-12-2015), Justin@Freektune (04-16-2015), kmac (04-13-2015), predapio (04-12-2015)
 Old 04-13-2015, 04:21 AM   #45

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,256 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lmfao, I miss when u would give me an Afghany gas mask. Those were the days
The Following User Says Thank You to kmac For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (04-13-2015)
 Old 05-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #46

4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future4cyl_LOL has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kmac View Post
Yaay! More flow! /sarcasm its all about disclosure on something that expensive

What exactly am I wrong about? If they have solid proof of concept then why do they dodge questions about it(repetedly asked, as in ad nauseum)? Also, why do they insist on using companies in England(really? Fucking england!?) to test their latest revision and be so secretive? We have plenty of members that are mechanical engineers that would gladly help test it for free(I know because I have asked in a vain attempt to help Breedt)

Sorry pal, there is too much wrong with both Breedt and TTR in regards to testing and proving that their manifold "upgrades" work.

Meanwhile, I will continue to provide PUBLIC info on parts when I have the chance.
jseams likes this.
4cyl_LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4cyl_LOL For This Useful Post:
jseams (05-12-2015)
 Old 05-16-2015, 04:32 PM   #47
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'd trust a mechanical engineer from England before one from the states as well.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f651/gtx3076r-focus-st-pi-wmi-aquamist-tuned-182547/
Posted By For Type Date
JDL Auto Design GTX3076R powered ST - The kit is real!!!! Fueling details coming soon - Page 45 This thread Refback 01-12-2015 05:48 PM